Planning, Design, & Construction
The TPEG assists public and private businesses in Site Selection with the assistance of drone technology. We focus on planning work, health care, & recreational facilities; and public, independent, and faith-based school organizations in developing age-appropriate facilities. We prefer to work independently up through the development of a concept design. Then, we assist the client in selecting a project architect.
Engineering & Planning a People-Friendly Facility
informs stakeholders and owners about scientific facts
regarding functions necessary to achieve excellence in
An Example of Activity-Milestones in Planning a School to be Monitored by a "Design Team"
- Select an appropriate architect (if TFPG works
independently through Phase I)
- Translate the concept design and educational specifications, with emphasis on green architecture, into preliminary schematic design
- Define furniture needs
- Specify technology
- Complete all specifications
- Obtain professional cost estimates
- Select a program or construction manager
- Facilitate the bidding process
- Review all designs and specifications
- Finalize technology requirements
- Order furniture
- Check all contracts for operational and legal issues
- Award contracts
- Begin construction
- Operationalize monitoring schedule using drone
technology and traditional procedures
- Facilitate change order(s)
- Review legal issues
- Complete construction
- Facilitate building commissioning
- Complete equipment commissioning
- Finalize technology commissioning
b. Complete final walk through
Questions The TPEG Will Help Clients Answer:
Selected definitions of activities that TPEG uses in communicating with stakeholders:
- Needs Assessment > Are programs and facilities adequate or below the needs of the client population?
- Population Forecasting > What will the size and mix of the client population be within 10 to 20 years?
- Program Evaluation > What type
of programs will best serve the client population?
- Facilities Evaluation > What is the best way to proceed? Do we build a new facility, or renovate or remodel?
> How does the application of engineering science
enhance facility design?
- Goals for Design > How do we
know that we are developing an appropriate design for
- Design > Can the design team
determine which concept design will best complement
functions to be carried out in the facility?
- Programming > How much detail
should the design team demand for general facility
- Architect Selection > What
architect is best to ensure that the concept design is
actually included in the construction documents?
- Project Cost Estimates (Including Site
Acquisition and/or Site Preparation) >
Is a professional cost estimator necessary for this
- Technology Definition and Acquisition > What kind of technology should we implement?
- Assistance with Funding > Will
the project need extra assistance with funding?
- Bidding > What bidding
procedures will eliminate or minimize funding problems
and save time?
- Contract Set Up > How much legal assistance will be needed in contracting and construction?
- Contractor Selection > How can
the project avoid pitfalls with contractors?
- Furniture Selection > When should the furniture selection process begin?
- Construction Monitoring > Will
the project need an independent construction monitor?
- Commissioning > Will a
commissioning agent be necessary?
- Occupation > What are the best procedures for transitioning to the occupation of the facility?
- Orientation > Is orientation
- Final Walk-Through > When does the final walk-through occur and who is involved?