& Capital Project Planning Activities
The TPEG provides a fast-paced and informative preview of planning a capital project for your organization. We welcome organizations of all sizes (business, health care, recreation, public schools, independent schools, and faith-based organizations). The pre-planning and pre-design activity may be experienced in one 2.5 hour interactive meeting with leaders and stakeholders.
Pre-design and planning activities:
- An interactive discussion on sound planning premises.
- Importance of environmentally friendly facilities (Green).
- How a philosophy of work, teaching, or learning suggests certain goals for facility design.
- A comprehensive review of research-based examples of design patterns that influence Behavior, Attitude, and Learning.
- A TPEG representative guides clients through
activities leading to a specific concept
design based on organizational goals.
- The outcome is a detailed, research-based, illustration of what
the clients want the facility to be.
These activities illustrate sound planning
principles in developing capital projects.
What is the need for a pre-design and pre-planning forum?
organizations do not
employ a staff member
who can devote 100% of his/her time to facilities planning.
provides a wide spectrum
of service to supplement or replace the slot in an organization
to facilities planning.
planning for sustainable design
depends on valid and reliable group process methods. The TPEG
highly recommends the process of planning through
the TPEG's complete
process, leaders and stakeholders acquire the right information for
beginning and maintaining a capital project.
the stakeholders get their facilities needs met according to sound
research, planning, and design
principles, without having to pay a salary and benefits to a full-time
person on their staff, or paying excessive architectural fees.
Function before Form, always!